70KM / 64Gbps CWDM SAN Extension Bundle
OptoSpan SAN Extension Bundle (70Km/64Gbps):
This complete out of the box SAN Extension Solution (optical networking solutions based on Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) technology) provides 64Gbps bandwidth connectivity between two existing 8Gb Fibre Channel switches up-to 70km apart.
- Max. Bandwidth: 64Gbps
- Max. Distance: 70Km
- Data Transmission: Gigabit Ethernet / Fibre Channel
70KM / 64Gbps CWDM SAN Extension Bundle70KM / 64Gbps CWDM SAN Extension Bundle (SAN-EXTENSION-70KM-64Gbps)
OptoSpan ''DO IT YOURSELF'' 70KM / 64Gbps CWDM SAN EXTENSION SOLUTION:
This complete out of the box SAN Extension Solution (optical networking solutions based on Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) technology) provides 64Gbps bandwidth connectivity between two existing FC switches up-to 70km apart. The solution has the capability of 64Gbps on the same single-mode fiber link and can be used to combine WAN and SAN traffic. Applications such as Gigabit & 10G Ethernet, SDH/SONET, ATM, ESCON, Fibre Channel, FTTx and CATV are suitable for this link configuration. This link provides for low insertion loss, is compliant to ITU G.694.2 and G.695 specifications and can be used by telecom operators, SAN architects and ISP infrastructure providers to build simple, straightforward and cost effective solutions to fulfill their ongoing and future optical network capacity needs.
* Data Center & Systems Administrators - Interconnection of SAN and LAN islands over remote metro sites.
* Dark Fiber Providers - High bandwidth managed services over dark fiber.
* Systems Integrators - Improved utilization of infrastructure by multiplexing several services on the same fiber.
* Cable, Telecom Operators - CWDM/DWDM extension between central office and local exchange.
* Enterprise Services - Fiber relief for high-capacity multi-tenant buildings and campuses.
* Network & Mobile Operators - Transport of SONET/SDH, Ethernet, Fibre Channel FC, OTN (OTU-1) and video services.
* Out of The Box Ready CWDM-Solution ''Do It Yourself''
* Passive (No power consumption) and ultra reliable (500 years MTBF) : No service contracts required
* Simple : No management or software licenses or firmware upgrades required
* Works with all major manufacturer switches including Brocade, Hitachi, Sun, Q-Logic, Cisco, EMC
* Reduction of bandwidth expenses up to 70%
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE?
* Two (2) OptoSpan passive optical multiplexer units
* Sixteen (16) FC Cables (20mtr.)
* Sixteen (16) OptoSpan optical transceivers (SFPs).
* Two (2) 19" Mounting Brackets
* Supporting Documentation.
ONSITE SWITCH AND CABLE REQUIREMENTS:
* Single pair 8Gbps SM (Single Mode) FC Cables between two switches (sites).
* Eight (8) available 8Gbps ports on each connected FC switch.
SIMPLE INSTALLATION (10-15 MINUTES):
Note: Following instructions must be applied to both, sending and receiving sites.
1. Mount CWDM MUX/DEMUX on 19" rack with provided hardware.
2. Connect provided FC cable to the available wavelength port on the MUX/DEMUX.
3. Insert SFP in an available port on FC switch.
4. Connect other end of the FC cable (step 2) to SFP.
5. The installation is complete! The FC link should be up and running.
A turnkey on-site installation services is available from SanSpot, please Inquire.
This CWDM-SAN extension solution comes with a 1 year hardware warranty.
Following optional support upgrades are available:
* 24x7 Onsite Support.
* On-Site Next Day Support
* 24x7 Telephone Support with advance replacement
CWDM SOLUTION GUARANTEE:
Sanspot offers a 100% compatibility and performance guarantee on every OptoSpan CWDM Solution*
*for details contact our sales department